CLOUD & EDGE TRUSTED VIRTUALIZED INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGER (VIM)
- Security and Trust in OpenStack: We propose a trusted edge computing infrastructure based on Arm edge devices. In addition, we add attestation extensions to OpenStack, one of the most widely adopted open-source cloud managers. The combination of a remote attestation integrated into the virtualized infrastructure management software and a trusted pool of devices brings a secure and trusted virtualized edge.
- Related Info can be read here: http://www.virtualopensystems.com/en/research/scientific-contributions/trustedvim-wcnc2019/
- Authors: Teodora Sechkova, Enrico Barberis, Michele Paolino
5G – Enabled Architecture on City Infrastructure for UHD and Immersive Media Production and Broadcasting
- Abstract: The H2020 5GCity project aims to provide a solution for such issues by designing, developing, and deploying a sliceable, distributed cloud/edge and radio platform with neutral hosting capability to support the sharing between information technology infrastructure owners and media service providers (i.e., vertical media actors).
- Related info can be found here: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/8671464/authors#authors
- Authors : Antonino Albanese, Konstantinos Antoniou, Gino Carrozzo, Jordi Colom, Paolo Cruschelli, Sergi Figuerola, Antonio Garcia, Hamzeh Khalili, Carlos Colman Meixner, Reza Nejabati, Ioannis Neokosmidis, Apostolos Papageorgiou, David Pujals, Pedro Santos, Muhammad Shuaib Siddiqui, Dimitra Simeonidou, Rita Spada, Alexandre Ulisses, Luca Vignaroli.
SDN-based Architecture in 5G EPON Nodes
- Design Considerations for an Energy-Aware SDN-based Architecture in 5G EPON Nodes is introducing a framework to base on SDN concept in order to prepare the EPON backhaul to deal with the 5G applications and services, and minimizes the energy consumption of EPON networks.
- Related Info can be find the this link: http://icton2018.upb.ro/
- Authors: Hamzeh Khalili, Pouria Sayyad Khodashenas, David Rincon , Shuaib Siddiqui, Jose Ramon Piney and Sebastia Sallent
NFV-based Ecosystem for 5G Neutral Hosts
- Edge Computing Enhancements in an NFV-based Ecosystem for 5G Neutral Hosts – provide a solution that combines extensions in the orchestration and VIM layers, along with concrete solutions to the ETSI-identified open issues for NFV-MEC integration, in order to pave the way towards edge-aware NFV solutions for 5G neutral hosts.
- Related info can be found here: http://nfvsdn2018.ieee-nfvsdn.org/
- Authors : Gabriele Baldoni, Paolo Cruschelli, Michele Paolinox, Carlos Colman Meixnerxx, Antonino Albanese, Apostolos Papageorgiou, Hamzeh Khalili, Shuaib Siddiqui, and Dimitra Simeonidou