GSMA Announces 2019 Global Mobile Awards Open for Entry
The GSMA today announced that the 2019 Global Mobile Awards (GLOMO Awards) are now open for entry. The GLOMO Awards honour the greatest achievements and innovations across the mobile industry, with 42 awards presented over 10 categories. Entries for the 2019 awards will be accepted through Wednesday, 21 November 2018, with the winners announced at the GSMA Mobile World Congress taking place 25-28 February 2019 in Barcelona.
“The 2019 GLOMO Awards will put a spotlight on the vast array of technological innovations that are helping to connect everyone and everything to a better future, recognising everything from developments in 5G, to innovations in emerging markets, to the start-ups and entrepreneurs that are dreaming up the next big thing,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “We’ve continued to evolve the GLOMO Awards to reflect the rapid pace of change in this dynamic industry and we are excited to introduce new categories and awards that more fully recognise the ever-expanding influence of mobile communications in our world.”
New Features for 2019 GLOMO Awards
For 2019, the GSMA has continued to evolve the GLOMO Awards to reflect the latest developments and cutting-edge inventions enhancing global connectivity. New categories and awards include:
- 4YFN: 4YFN (4 Years From Now) is a business platform that enables startups, investors, corporations and public institutions to create and launch new ventures, strengthening the entrepreneurial ecosystem. This new category will focus on those organisations that are accelerating business development and investment within the start-up community.
- 5G: This brand-new category will recognise the pioneers pushing the boundaries of innovation in the emerging 5G era. The “5G Industry Partnership Award” will celebrate the collaborations driving the adoption of 5G, while the “5G Leadership Award” will showcase those individuals or organisations that have demonstrated their dedication to furthering the implementation or application of 5G technologies.
- Mobile Tech: This category will continue to recognise the companies that are revolutionising the capabilities and extending the reach of mobile and digital technologies, and this year, puts a particular focus on the achievements of startups and smaller businesses.
The GLOMO Awards further honour industry excellence and innovation through these seven categories:
- Consumer: This category honours companies that have redefined the business-to-consumer relationship.
- Fourth Industrial Revolution: This award category will distinguish key companies at the forefront of the digital shift, across seven market verticals.
- Device: This category will recognise market leaders and celebrate new developments across a range of device types, from handsets to wearables and beyond.
- Content & Media: This category will award the companies that are innovating and creating platforms that inform, educate and entertain everyone, everywhere.
- Social Good: Awards in this category will honour the organisations that are dedicated to creating a better future and improving the lives of communities most in need.
- Government Excellence Awards: This award category honours governments that have fostered the true spirit of digitisation in their national agendas.
- Outstanding Achievement: The most prestigious category in the GLOMO Awards celebrates the individuals and organisations that have made remarkable contributions to the digital community.
Details on Entering the GLOMO Awards
The 2019 GLOMO Awards are open to companies across the entire mobile ecosystem and may be entered online; complete information on the GLOMO Awards, including the full list of categories, award criteria and deadlines, can be found at www.mobileworldcongress.com/conference-programmes/global-mobile-awards/.
The submission of video to support entries is strongly encouraged by the awards judges.
The awards will be judged by independent experts, analysts, journalists, academics and, in some cases, mobile operator representatives. Select awards will be nominated by judges or by an independent panel of experts and will not be open for online entry. The winner of the “Outstanding Mobile Technology Award (The CTOs’ Choice)” will be selected by a panel of industry leaders.
Entries for the GLOMO Awards close at 17:00 GMT on Wednesday, 21 November 2018. The GSMA will announce the shortlist of nominations for each category by late January 2019. Follow the latest discussions and get involved using the hashtag #GLOMOAwards.